Top 9 tips for an easy move
Moving takes time and if you're doing it yourself you should start at least six weeks before your move date. Carefully plan the packing process and the moving day. It will save your time, money and you will feel less stressed.
1. Start collecting boxes from the shops or buy them online (if your moving company is not supply you with packing materials).
2. Start packing your belongings with the things you do not need for the next couple of weeks.
3. Number the boxes and keep an inventory list, it will be easy to talk to the insurance company in case of loss.
4. Properly label the top and all sides of boxes with color stickers. Do not forget to buy them some days before moving. Sigh boxes with fragile, open first, out-of-season etc.
5. Make sure you properly wrap all fragile things in the bubble wrap. Towels, socks and linens can be used to keep fragile items safe.
6. Wrap all fragile furniture in protective padding to save it from scratches and bruising during the relocation.
7. When moving furniture, use small plastic bags and a scotch tape to keep all parts like bolts, screws and other small pieces together.
8. Disassemble all furniture pieces if possible so they will weight less. Keep box weight no more than 50 pounds to prevent injuries.
9. Find the top rated moving company in your city by reading reviews.